CHECK OUT MORE UPDATES AT http://www.crizfood.com/

WHAT I HAD FOR TEA

>> Thursday, October 2, 2008

JENNICAKES01

Do you think that floggers are a bunch of great eaters? Well, I must admit that I am surely one as I never stop eating good food anytime of the day. As for my tea time today, I ate 1/8 of a Tiramisu Cake from Jenni Homemade Cakes & Bakery (RM4.40), 2 packs of thin Steamed Potato Kimchi Crackers (40sens) and a hot cup of Old Town White Coffee (RM1.10).

Well, who could resist the temptation of savoring Jenni’s homemade cakes? Not only are the cakes moist and rich in taste, the best part is that they are not too sweet for my taste bud. The greatest news is you can buy selected cakes in halves or quarters. You must try out their cheese cakes. As for me, I can never stop taking them although I did realize that I had gained a few inches to my waistline. LOL! If you are a chocolate and cheese lover, my recommendation would be that you try out their Chocolate Mint Cake, Chocolate Dark/White Belgian, Chocolate Truffle, Chocolate Spanish, Chocolate Rum and of course their Green Tea Cheese Cake and Tiramisu. In fact, you can try out most of their delicious mouth watering 1/2 kg cakes since you can buy them in quarters.

Whenever I consume cakes, I would normally get something salty too. What do you think of a small pack of 5 thin slices of yummy Steamed Potato Kimchi Crackers at 20sen per packet? Wow! It is real cheap! I managed to get 20 small packs from a local wholesale shop for RM4.00. It is a real bargain as the crackers were real good. They come in a few different flavors such as plain, kimchi, tomato and seaweed. I have not tried the other flavors but since the kimchi ones were real good, I would expect the rest to be just as great.

JENNICAKES03

Visiting the cake house would be easy as the Pulau Tikus branch is just next to the Bandar Baru Supermarket along Jalan Cantonment Road. The Bandar Baru Branch is just opposite the Bayan Baru Market (next to Sunshine Square Supermarket) along the main road of Jalan Mayang Pasir.

JENNICAKES02

JENNICAKESPTMAP

Name: JENNI HOMADE CAKES & BAKERY
Pulau Tikus Branch:
Address: 33-A Jalan Cantoment, 10350 Penang, Malaysia.
Contact: 604-261 8935
GPS: 5.430942, 100.311205

JENNICAKESBBMAP

Bayan Baru Branch:
Address: 34 Jalan Mayang Pasir, 11950 Penang, Malaysia.
Contact: 604-646 7191
Opening Hours: 9.00am – 9.00pm
GPS: 5.324577, 100.287666

RATING:
Ambience: 8/10 (1-4 cheap, 5-7 average, 8-10 classy)
Food Choices: 9/10 (1-4 limited, 5-7 average, 8-10 many choices)
Taste: 9/10 (1-4 tasteless, 5-7 average, 8-10 excellent)
Pricing: 7/10 (1-4 cheap, 5-7 average, 8-10 expensive)
Service: 8/10 (1-4 bad, 5-7 average, 8-10 excellent)

15 comments:

Dragon October 2, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

I like the brownie from Jenni. i think i tried Chocolate Dark/White Belgian before too! I just like chocolate, very very much! :)

normally i will not have tea break. just eat whenever i am hungry. Haha.

allenooi from Yummy Station

J2Kfm October 2, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

never knew about this bakery.
oh, a confession. those crackers are real good, and light to boot. but my Lulu (golden retriever) simply ADORES them! =P

minchow October 3, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

Jenni's cakes are real classic! We just finished a 1.5kg of the Chocolate mint we got for my grandmother's birthday... gorgeous!

"Joe" who is constantly craving October 3, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

damn..i just simply dun hav any calories to spare for tea breaks..esp so luxurious as urs..(in terms of calories)

Mark October 3, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

Jenni's cakes are awesome and very famous in Penang.

New Kid on the Blog October 3, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

if you can eat and cannot put on weight, that would be perfect isn't it?? :)

Steven Goh October 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

wah.... the taste is 9/10, i should try that already. So far I had tried Janni's layer cake only. Is there any having there instead of take away?

Food Promotions October 4, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

I really loves Jenni's cake..esp their cheesecake. There is another famous cake house at Prima Tanjung. Cannot remember the name, very good as well

Steven Goh October 5, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

criz, are we going for the review on this coming tuesday nite?

Allie October 6, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Yeah! I tried those crackers too. Compliment from my housemate. Yummy.

Dragon October 6, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

wow, nice layout! i like it. i feel this one is better than the previous one. brighter :)

u really done a great job.

allenooi from Yummy Station

Buzzingbee October 6, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Jenni cakehouse's brownies is good!! Haha how to control weight when there's so much nice food???

-j- October 6, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

oh i love this place!!!!

KOKahKOK October 7, 2008 at 12:26 AM  

loooo just realise u drop a msg in my so call food blog haha...

hey i though the steam potato kena ban jor? cos got melamine ...

Sam August 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Jenni's cakes are real classic & delicious! I like chocolate. We just finished a 1kg of the Chocolate mint we got for my friend's birthday. Can't wait to see your posting. my mouth is watering. Yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

STALKERS



About

My photo
WELCOME TO MY HUMBLE SITE... This is just a place for me to share my interests with my readers. Feel free to drop a comment and I shall get back to you soonest possible. Have a great day everyone here! NO TAG/MEME REQUEST IN THIS BLOG!!/

STALKERS

Followers